I know what church I want to get married in

I went to my cousin's wedding this weekend.
I don't know what's in that congregation's kool aid, but I'd like my future wife to take a sip of it.
Included in the program (The pastor says that the passage was chosen by the two of them, but I don't know if my cousin is religious. I'll bet it was all the guy.):

Ephesians 5:22-33

Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which is is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

Talk about starting married life off right.
Further down is:

"For this reason a man wil leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh." This is a profound mystery - but I am talking about Christ and the church.

On the cusp of marriage, it seems like the church is going to take the opportunity to teach us about the birds and the bees. However, they cop out by passing it all off as a profound mystery (to anyone who hasn't gone through 5th grade yet) and then insisting that the statement was really about Christ and the church. Huh?

As a side note, the guy looks like the asian version of Dwight Schrute in The Office.

Comments

Anonymous said…
they actually use that passage alot for christian weddings. its a way of perpetuating the patriarch, and forever sealing the fate of the matriarchal society of yesteryear, back when goddess worship was common place and the great feminine kept us all at peace and harmony with the world.
WRITE MORE DAMNIT

Popular Posts